We are hiring a part-time, temporary Office Assistant to provide front desk, office management and patient follow-up support for two – three months. The Office Assistant will serve as receptionist, assist our Patient & Business Services Coordinator in patient
We are hiring a part-time, temporary Office Assistant to provide front desk, office management and patient follow-up support for two – three months. The Office Assistant will serve as receptionist, assist our Patient & Business Services Coordinator in patient follow-up as needed, and provide support as directed to our Executive Director and Medical Director to help facilitate smooth office operations. We’re looking for a candidate with a connection to the neighborhoods we serve, strong attention to detail and deadlines, an ability to learn quickly on the job, and a commitment to community health and serving under-served populations. Click or read below for the full job description and instructions on how to apply.
• Non-exempt, 25 hours/week
• April - June 2015
• Salary: $15-$17 per hour depending on experience
• Experience you have in an office and/or clinical setting.
• Your connection to the community we serve.
• Serve as receptionist, answering main phone, responding to in-person and phone inquiries, returning calls, receiving mail/deliveries, and processing charts and paperwork for patient appointments.
• Make patient appointment reminder calls.
• Process incoming reports, such as lab results and medical records.
• Process charts, following policy, procedure and timeline for responding to patient follow-up needs.
• Help manage medication program by logging, packaging and distributing medications to patients.
• Serve as backup on performing in-office blood pressure checks as needed.
• As requested by Patient & Business Services Coordinator, assist in follow-up from clinics, including entering patient visit data into database, labeling and filing new charts and clinic paperwork, and entering vaccinations into online database.
• As requested by Executive Director, assist with monthly board meeting preparation, quarterly newsletter mailings and fundraising correspondence.
• Other duties as assigned.
o Ability to connect with and represent the community we serve.
o Commitment to our mission and to exceptional customer service.
o Solid computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and database software.
o Demonstrated interest in working with people of varied socio-economic backgrounds.
o Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
o Ability to follow instructions, learn new information quickly and complete tasks on deadline.
o Previous employment in the non-profit, social services or healthcare sector.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear, and be able to operate a personal computer, printer, telephone, copier and fax machine.